Mackaya Bella Country Lodge -Important Terms and Conditions
When booking with us please provide, Your name, Cell phone contact number, Arrival and Departure date, Number of guests, Ages of children
- Mackaya Bella Country Lodge is situated in the Central Drakensberg, Cathkin Valley, and Kwa Zulu Natal, South Africa.
- Access to the lodge is approximately 3K, from the main road the R600, on a “Farm Road”, consisting of concrete strips and dirt.
- Cars with a HIGH ground clearance are recommended.
- The Estate name is ‘Farm Rood”
- If you have a What’s App cell number please let us know your number and we will send you some pictures of our signs and gate for you to look out for.
- The lodge is on Google maps. https://g.page/MackayaBellaDrakensberg.
- Our GPS location is S 29.2.5 E 29.25.5
- On arrival at our Main gate on the R600 please call, miss call, or text us to let us know you are there.
- We will open the gate using our cell phones.
- When you get to the next gate please do the same. We will open it for you using our cell phones.
- Follow the road to the lodge. We will be there to meet you and help you check in.
- The room key will be in the back of your door when you arrive.
- You are provided with a remote gate control in order to access the property during your stay. This will open both gates.
- When you leave after your stay please miss call us like you did on the day you arrived.
Check in and out times
- Check in time is between 2pm (14h00) and 6 pm (18h00), unless by prior agreement.
- Check out time is before 10h00.
- Guest are requested to email or text us their estimated time of arrival at least 2 days before arrival
Breakfast and Dinner Times
- Breakfast is served between 07h15 and 09h00 daily.
- Please come in for pre- dinner drinks at 18h30, when all our guests are in the dining room, dinner will be served, no later than 19h00.
- Please be considerate and be on time. If you are going to be late or you don’t want dinner, please inform our staff.
- Please inform us of any dietary requirements when making your booking.
- We do notrun a Kosher or Halal kitchen.
- We serve traditional South African home cooked meals.
Hikers Lunch Packs:
- If you require a Hikers lunch pack please inform us the day before.
- The lunch pack consist of a bottle of water, small fruit juice box, fresh fruit, a sandwich or muffin, and a variety of health bars, chocolate, nuts, dried fruit etc.
- The “Honesty Bar” can be found in the dining room of the Lodge. We stock a selection drinks.
- Please mark off what you have taken on the forms provided.
- Your Bar Bill must be paid before departure.
- Due to the Covid Regulations the rooms are not serviced automatically
- This is in order to protect our guest privacy and for Covid Protocol safety
- Towels can be replaced on request.
- We do offer a laundry service, at an additional charge, if you hand it in before 9am in the morning. ( please ask the staff to provide you with a laundry basket)
- Your laundry will be returned to you either on the same day or the next day depending on the weather.
- There is NO laundry service over weekends. If you require a clothes drying rack, please ask our staff. They will bring one to your room.
- South Africa is a water scares country. Please assist us in conserving our precious resource.
- Hospitality trays are provided in each room.
- If you would like a small jug of milk, please ask the staff.
- If you require a top up of the amenities, please ask the staff or you are most welcome to take from the dining room coffee station area.
- Shampoo, body wash, hand lotion, shower caps and soap are provided.
- Hair dryers are available for your personal use.
Hot water bottles:
- 2 hot water bottles are available in the cupboards of each room.
- There is a section at the top of the headboard for you to place your cups, glasses, books, phones etc.
- Fans are provided in each room.
- Wall heaters and gas heaters are provided in each room.
- If you are unsure how to use them, please ask our staff and we will be happy to show you how.
- Please switch off the gas heater when you go to sleep.
- There is No fridge in the rooms. If you have anything you would like us to put in the lodge fridge for you, we would be happy to do so, please ask the staff for assistance.
- Free Wi-Fi is available. Please ask for the password. The password is also displayed in the lodge
- Adaptors are available if your appliance plug does not fit our 3 prong socket
- Smoking is not permitted in the rooms or the lodge. Ash tins are provided on the outside patios. Please be carefully as the lodge roof is thatch grass.
- DSTV satellite channels, full bouquet, are provided in the rooms and in the lodge.
- A large screen TV can be found in the bar lounge in the lodge. This includes Super Sport which broadcasts all major soccer and rugby games.
- We cannot be held responsible of Eskom Power Outages or “Load Shedding” or weather-related power problems.
- We cook with gas and have Solar and gas lanterns for back up.
- The garden lights are set on a timer and will go off at 22h30 nightly.
Transfer to Monks Cowl World Heritage Site;
- If you require a transfer to the Monks Cowl World Heritage Site to go Hiking, please inform us the day before. There is a charge for the transfer, and this will be added to your account which must be paid before departure.
No Pets are allowed:
- No pets are allowed as we do have dogs on the property
No visitors will be allowed without prior consent
- No excess noise at any time
- Quiet time is between 7 am and 10 30 pm
- Please inform us of any breakages or necessary room repairs timeously
- Please check your room prior to departure and remove all your personal belongings as we do not take responsibility for lost items. If any items are left behind there will be retained for 3 months only. It is your responsibility to arrange collection.
Suggested items to bring on holiday to South Africa
- Sunscreen, sun hat, insect repellent, hiking boots or good walking shoes, warm jacket, raincoat/windbreaker for hiking, swimming costume and swimming towel.
- You are most welcome to tip the staff. The tip jar can be found on the “Honesty Bar” table. It is customary to leave a 10 % tip but any amount is most appreciated .Thank you, they really do appreciate it. The staff are an integral part of the lodge of the smooth running of the lodge.
- The nearest village which has a full range of services is Winterton over 30km away.
- The Oaks Supermarket is at Dragon Peaks, 3km away. A good selection of household necessities are available. Petrol and Diesel are available there.
Local Popular attractions;
- uKhahlamba Monks Cowl World Heritage site. Hiking trails
- The Drakensberg boys Choir School (they perform every Wednesday during the school term)
- Falcon Ridge ( Birds of prey show)
- Dragons Rock Reptile Park
- Horse riding
- Chocolate and cheese tasting
- Fantastic restaurants and coffee shops
- Curio shops, museums and Craft shops
- Canopy tours – Zip lining
- Helicopter Tours
- Hot air ballooning
- Historical Battle sites
- Adventure Centres
- Local Brewery
- Scootours and E bikes, tubing
Credit card facilities:
- We accept Master and Visa cards at the lodge
Payment terms and conditions:
- A 50% deposit is required to secure you booking.
- The balance is to be paid on site.
- The Invoice for your Bar Bill, Laundry, and Transfer will be ready for you on the day of departure etc.
- If you are booking though an agency the payment will appear on your bank statement as “NightsBridge”, Mackaya Bella Country Lodge.
- If you book 15 days before arrival, then the full amount is required to be settled.
- If you book on the “Same day as arrival “ the full amount is payable before arrival
- Rates are subject to change without prior notice, please confirm rates before booking
- All cancellations will incur a 10% administration fee
- Postponement vouchers are valid for 6 months
- Postponement vouchers will only be issued once
- Refunds and waiver of cancellation policies are at the discretion of management and the ability to re let the rooms
- As a result of the National State of Disaster and forced lockdowns, No refunds will be processed until 90Days after the lockdown has been lifted and our business is allowed to operate as normal. Our current cancelation postponement policy is subject to this clause
- Please contact us directly for a quotation and check our calendar for availability on our webpage. mackayabella.com
- We often run specials and discounts for direct bookings with the lodge
Forfeit 100% of total if guests cancel 7 days before arrival
Forfeit 100% of deposit if guests cancel 14 days before arrival
Forfeit 50% of deposit if guests cancel 21 days before arrival
Forfeit 50% of deposit if guests cancel 30 days before arrival