INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 PROTOCOLS RELATING TO ACCOMMODATION IN SOUTH AFRICA
Although we are now allowed to resume accommodating guests, there are a number of stringent protocols that the National Accommodation Association of SA insists that we put into place.
This serves three purposes:
- To protect yourselves from contracting the virus as a result of your visit to our Valley.
- To protect ourselves and our staff from contracting the virus from you.
- To prevent you from introducing or aiding the spread of the virus in our Valley.
Some of the most important points are:
- Prior to your visit, if you’re not well, you’re obliged to delay your visit rather than run the risk of infecting others.
- If you’ve had the virus, you may not visit until 14 days after the onset of symptoms.
- If yours is a “business trip” you’ll need to inform us where you have come from, who you’ll be seeing for business, and where you’ll be going from here. We have to keep this information in case of an inspection.
- You’re asked to make as few stops en-route to your destination as possible.
- A detailed form from National Accommodation Association of South Africa will be sent to you beforehand. EACH GUEST must complete a form and sign it in our presence on arrival, or complete the whole form on arrival.
- The personal information on the form will be highly confidential, unless you are found to have contracted or passed on the virus. In this case the information will be shared with the Department of Health, together with a completed Track and Trace form.
- If you object to this, you may not visit.
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival and carefully recorded DAILY as well as on you departure.
- Should you, or one of your group, show any symptoms, you are obliged by law to inform us immediately and return home to isolation.
- At home you will follow the necessary medical procedures.
- The normal Track and Trace procedure will have to be carried out.
- All books, games and any other “unnecessary” items have to be removed from the unit. You may choose to bring your own towels and pillows as well.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and should be used regularly.
- Masks must be worn and social distancing practised each time you leave the unit.
- Our Staff will be provided with the necessary PPE’s and will be fully trained.
- Staff will NOT enter your unit at any time during your stay and linen will not be changed.
At this early stage, we trust that we’ve covered all aspects.
We look forward to hosting you soon.
Take care and Safe Travels